Podcast host Joe Rogan (Michael S. Schwartz/Getty Images)
This shortarticle initially appeared on AlterNet.
Spotify has chose to eliminate 70 podcast episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience from the platform’s archive.
While the removal comes inthemiddleof debate Rogan hasactually dealtwith for his spread of falseinformation on COVID-19, Consequence.net reports that the now-deleted episodes date back to 2019 and are unassociated to what atfirst triggered the issue.
The discovery of the newest podcast episodes in concern has opened the door to even more criticism of Rogan, as they include duplicated usage of the N-word. Earlier this week, soul vocalist India.Arie took to social media to raise awareness about the episodes as she revealed she’d be pulling her music from the platform over Rogan being enabled to usage the N-word in several podcast episodes.
“He shouldn’t even be saying the word. Don’t even state it, under any context. Don’t state it. That’s where I stand. I have constantly stood there,” stated Arie as she condemned Rogan’s “language around race.”
Want a everyday wrap-up of all the news and commentary Salon has to deal? Subscribe to our earlymorning newsletter, Crash Course.
Although Spotify hasactually taken effort to getridof some of Rogan’s podcast episodes, there are still deep worries about him still being permitted to spread falseinformation about COVID-19 with his continued usage of the platform. The podcast episodes that atfirst stimulated debate likewise stay on the platform.
In the wake of this mostcurrent debate, Rogan has reacted.
On Saturday, Rogan attendedto the elimination of his podcast episodes over his usage of the N-word and released a declaration of apology for his remarks. “It’s a really uncommon word, however it’s not my word to utilize,” Rogan stated. “I’m well mindful of that now, however for years I utilized it in that way. I neverever utilized it to be racist, ’cause I’m not racist.’ But whenever you’re in a circumstance where you have to state ‘I’m not racist,’ you fucked up, and I plainly haveactually fucked up.”
Read more on Joe Rogan:
- Stop feeding Joe Rogan’s giants: Progressives should recover the politics of enjoyment
- Joe Rogan can’t stop pressing ivermectin as a COVID treatment. Experts are wornout of exposing him
- Joe Rogan made anti-vax Dr. Robert Malone a conservative media star: Was that the point all along?
Meaghan Ellis
MORE FROM Meaghan Ellis
Comments
Post a Comment