Source: Pack's Rodgers tests favorable for COVID

featured image

Nov 3, 2021

  • Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer

    Close

    • Covered Packers for Green Bay Press-Gazette from 1997-2013
    • Two-time Wisconsin Sportswriter of the Year as chosen by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has actually checked favorable for COVID-19 and will not bet the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, a source validated to ESPN.

The NFL has actually thought about Rodgers as unvaccinated considering that the start of the season, sources validated to ESPN and as initially reported by NFL Network.

Rodgers was put on the league’s reserve/COVID-19 list together with cornerback Isaac Yiadom on Wednesday, and the NFL stated it would check out how the Packers have actually managed the league’s COVID-19 procedures.

Under league procedure, if Rodgers tests favorable and is unvaccinated, he should quarantine for a minimum of 10 days and can not return till Nov. 13 at the earliest, if he stays asymptomatic.

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training school, sources informed ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to enable him to be thought about the like somebody who got among the authorized vaccinations. After a prolonged back-and-forth, the league, the gamers union and a transmittable illness specialist authorized by both celebrations heard Rodgers’ case for an exemption and ruled that he would not get the very same factor to consider and would be thought about unvaccinated.

Sources stated Rodgers follows masking procedures while engaging with gamers and coaches inside the group’s head office at Lambeau Field. Rodgers does not use a mask while in the media auditorium throughout his weekly and postgame news conferences. The Packers have actually put other unvaccinated gamers on Zoom rather of at in-person media sessions.

The NFL on Wednesday stated there were “familiar with the present circumstance in Green Bay” and would be examining the matter with the Packers.

” The main obligation for enforcement of the COVID procedures within club centers rests with each club,” NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy stated in a declaration. “Failure to correctly impose the procedures has actually led to discipline being examined versus private clubs in the past.”

Rodgers, the ruling NFL MVP, stated this previous August that he was “vaccinated” when inquired about his vaccination status.

” You understand, there’s a great deal of discussion around it, around the league, and a great deal of people who have actually made declarations and not made declarations, owners who have actually made declarations,” Rodgers stated at the time. “There’s men on the group that have not been immunized. I believe it’s an individual choice. I’m not going to evaluate those men. There are men that’ve been immunized that have actually contracted COVID. It’s an intriguing problem that I believe we’re visiting played out the whole season.”

He later on included: “I believe I like to learn more about whatever that I’m doing, and there was a great deal of research study that even entered into that. Like I stated, there’s been individuals that have actually checked favorable, and I believe it’s just immunized individuals here. It’s going to be fascinating to see how things work progressing. Undoubtedly there might be some concerns with immunized individuals just evaluating every couple weeks and after that non-vaccinated screening every day.”

Packers coach Matt LaFleur on Wednesday would not discuss any gamer or coach’s vaccination status. He was asked whether Rodgers’ usage of the word “inoculated” might have been misinforming.

” That’s a fantastic concern for Aaron,” LaFleur stated. “I’m not going to discuss it.”

LaFleur stated he did not understand if Rodgers had any signs and spoke with him just quickly on Wednesday.

Jordan Love remains in line to make his very first profession start versus Kansas City in Rodgers’ lack.

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wanted a fast healing for Rodgers.

” It’s certainly frustrating,” Mahomes stated about not taking on versus Rodgers on Sunday. “I’ve seen his video game for a long period of time. I feel I play a comparable design. You constantly wish to complete versus the very best. Ideally he’s healthy and it’s excusable. I’m sure he’ll return from it more powerful than he was in the past.”

Veteran quarterback Blake Bortles is flying to Green Bay on Wednesday with the expectation that he will be signed to the practice team and be qualified for the 53- guy lineup on Sunday, a source informed ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Bortles was on the Packers’ lineup this summertime up until Rodgers reported to training school.

The Packers (7-1) are riding a seven-game winning streak and are connected with the Rams and Cardinals for the very best record in the NFC.

Rodgers is the Packers’ 2nd star gamer to evaluate favorable in the previous week. Receiver Davante Adams was out recently due to the fact that of a favorable test and missed out on last Thursday’s win over the Arizona Cardinals LaFleur is enthusiastic that Adams can return by Thursday.

Receiver Allen Lazard likewise missed out on recently’s video game after being considered a close contact of Adams. Practice team quarterback Kurt Benkert on Tuesday tweeted that he had actually COVID-19 and was later on put on the reserve list. And the group was still without protective organizer Joe Barry on Monday since of COVID-19 procedures.

Despite the favorable test for Rodgers, LaFleur stated the Packers are not presently in the league’s extensive procedures, although they have actually been following much of the masking and distancing guidelines.

LaFleur likewise stated he’s positive that all procedures have actually been followed by gamers and personnel throughout the season.

” I view what these people do,” LaFleur stated. “I can just talk to our football area, however yeah, definitely. We’ve got electronic cameras all over. I believe our people do an impressive task with it. And it’s simply regrettable. It’s not like this thing can’t take place to anyone. It’s occurred to a great deal of individuals beyond this structure.”

Running back Aaron Jones, whose dad passed away April 6 from of problems from COVID-19, stated he did not question the choices of colleagues worrying the vaccine nor did he cast doubt on Rodgers’ management.

” I do not believe it’s a self-centered choice [to not be vaccinated],” Jones stated. “I imply, there’s men throughout the league who are not immunized. And to state that they’re not devoted to their group, I believe that that’s not real. He’s our leader, like you stated. He’s 100?voted to this group, much like any person else remains in this locker space.”

Love got all the No. 1 quarterback associates throughout offseason while Rodgers avoided all group activities.

” Well, we’ll learn, right?” LaFleur stated when asked if Love was all set to begin. “I understand he’s been striving every day and I believe [quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator] Luke Getsy does a fantastic task with him, getting him prepared. The bulk of his associates have actually taken location on the scout group, however that’s something that we attempt to, when we’re doing those scout groups in practice, you attempt to take whatever’s on the card or whatever play that they’re running and put it into our terms to assist the advancement procedure. I understand he takes every representative extremely seriously.”

The line for Sunday’s video game has actually moved dramatically at Caesars Sportsbook. The Chiefs had actually opened as 2 1/2- point favorites, which had actually dropped to choose ’em since Wednesday early morning. After the news of Rodgers’ favorable test, the Chiefs are now 8-point favorites with an overall of 48 points scored, down from what had actually been 55 points as of Sunday.

Read More

https://covid19globalcases.com/source-packs-rodgers-tests-favorable-for-covid/

Comments