An Ultimate Combating Champion (UFC) battle has actually been canceled after Amanda Nunes evaluated favorable for the coronavirus on Thursday.
Hunter Campbell, UFC’s primary service officer, verified that Nunes checked favorable to ESPN’s Mike Coppinger. The favorable test implies that Nunes’ battle versus Julianna Peña, which was set to be the co-main occasion of UFC 265, will be canceled. Nunes is the champ of the ladies’s bantamweight department and is ranked as the UFC’s finest female pound-for-pound fighter.
Campbell informed ESPN that the UFC prepares to reschedule the bantamweight title battle when Nunes is totally healthy. UFC 265 is arranged to happen August 7 in Houston and will include many prominent fighters, consisting of a heavyweight interim title battle in between Derrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane, who are ranked as the 2nd and 3rd finest in the heavyweight department, respectively.
In a tweet after the news broke, Nunes composed, “We were more than all set for this battle, sadly s takes place. Stay tuned for a brand-new date.”
Nunes, 33, holds a 21 -4 -0 record and has actually not lost a bout because 2014, winning her last 12 successive battles. In addition to the UFC females’s bantamweight title, Nunes holds the ladies’s featherweight title.
Nunes is coming off of back-to-back triumphant featherweight title defenses after beating Megan Anderson by submission on March 6 and Felicia Spencer by consentaneous choice on June 6, 2020.
The last time Nunes safeguarded her bantamweight title was on December 14, 2019, when she beat Germaine de Randamie by consentaneous choice.
Throughout her UFC profession, Nunes has actually beat numerous significant female fighters, consisting of Holly Holm, Cris Cyborg, Miesha Tate, Valentina Shevchenko and Ronda Rousey.
The 31- year-old Peña, who holds an 11 -4 -0 record, initially challenged Nunes to a battle in January, following her triumph over Sara McMann by submission.
Talking With Mixed Martial Arts Addict in March, Peña stated, “I’m 9-2 in the UFC, and Amanda has another success than I do.”
” I have actually been combating in this UFC department simply as long as she has … I seem like stylistically, I’m the worst possible match for her. I’m her kryptonite,” Peñan informed Mixed Martial Arts Addict. “She hasn’t battled me. She hasn’t combated a fighter like me. I absolutely believe that it’s extremely clear that she does not wish to battle me. Stylistically, I’m the worst possible match for her.”
Newsweek connected to the UFC for remark however did not get a reaction in time for publication.

Handout/Getty
Comments
Post a Comment