The New Normal for Vietnam COVID-19

featured image

Subscribe to see new videos every week on travel, music or lifestyle.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1O-EesDDI-HdkE_SRm1W-g?view_as=subscriber />———————–
The New Normal for Vietnam COVID-19

Vietnam was one of the first countries to lockdown in early March 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic – all schools, restaurants, shops were closed, international flights and domestic borders were also barred.

Fast forward to November 2020, everything is open now, including restaurants, shops and malls. Domestic travel within Vietnam is also allowed, but commercial international travels. People can almost go anywhere they want now. It is compulsory to wear masks unless you are exercising or eating.

There is trade-off between lockdown and the economy as well as the health facilities available in a country. Vietnam decided to lock down early in March and implemented strict measures. For example, Vietnam closed borders and only allowed its own citizens to enter. There is also a compulsory 14 days quarantine for those entering Vietnam and compulsory COVID-tests before, during and after quarantine.

I personally experienced the process of entering Vietnam during the pandemic. I had to prove that I was tested negative from the coronavirus 3-7 days before my flights. Moreover, I was isolated for 14 days alone in a place only for those quarantined. I had to report my temperature everyday to the management. I also had to take the COVID test, before, during and after my quarantine.

Vietnam saw a second outbreak in early September and a few local transmissions in November, but currently there is no reported local transmissions.

I am very thankful that I can go out safely. I am also impressed at how the Vietnam’s government, hospital, citizens and foreigners living in here have cooperated in managing and containing the virus.

I hope that wherever you are in the world you continue to stay safe and keep those around you safe. Stay strong and positive. This will pass. 🙏

tags: #Vietnam #NewNormal
how vietnam became an economic miracle, my experience of travelling to vietnam during the pandemic covid-19, vietnam during covid-19, how vietnam managed to contain the virus

subcount 157

https://covid19globalcases.com/the-new-normal-for-vietnam-covid-19/

Comments