
David Zalubowski/Associated Press
Los Angeles Lakers guard Dennis Schroder took issue with the NBA‘s COVID-19 policy Friday following his return to the lineup.
Schroder, who missed out on 4 games since of the NBA’s health and wellness protocols, required change, per Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times: ” It hurts, to begin with. I never had COVID. Checked negative the entire time. The scenario is what it is. However the NBA I think got to do much better. I think for sure they need to do better. I mean, I tested negative the entire time. I never ever had positive. They got to figure that out, for sure.”
The Lakers lost all four video games Schroder missed, but they recovered with a 102-93 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday, as the eighth-year veteran completed with 22 points, three rebounds and two assists.
Schroder’s criticism also took aim at the precision and consistency of the NBA’s COVID screening, as he said: “The test returned positive, then we put that back in: negative. Did another one: positive. Put it back in: unfavorable. So, I do not understand at this moment.”
With superstar big man Anthony Davis out due to the fact that of calf and Achilles injuries, Schroder’s lack loomed large, as it basically left LeBron James to fend for himself.
The results weren’t excellent, as L.A. suffered losses to the Brooklyn Internet, Miami Heat, Washington Wizards and Utah Jazz.
Due to the fact that of that losing streak, the Lakers went from coping the Jazz for the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference to being up to third behind both allure and Los Angeles Clippers.
Now, the Lakers sit 3.5 video games behind Utah, implying they will have an uphill climb during the second half of the season, as they try to win video games while likewise managing the health of crucial players.
Health and safety procedures remain an inexact science in the NBA and all professional sports, as the major pro leagues attempt to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible.
If Schroder certainly never had COVID-19, the health and safety protocols might have cost the Lakers some wins while he was out.
Still, the league continues to err on the safe side for great factor. If there was any possibility of Schroder spreading COVID-19 to his teammates, sitting him down for four video games prevented the entire group from having to postpone games for a week or perhaps a lot more.
Comments
Post a Comment