Skip to main content

RHOC Season Finale Wrap-up: Sex, Lies, and COVID-eotape

featured image

Just like that, as the pandemic ended, so did this season of The Genuine Face Shields of Dr. Fauci Memorial Boulevard We no longer need to fret about COVID. The vaccine is here, the healthcare facilities are empty, everyone using masks all the time worked, and everything is back to normal. Haha. Tricked you! Oh, wasn’t that a funny joke?

Yes, the coronavirus is still with us, simply like the 900 rolls of toilet paper Shannon Beador hoarded when the world all went into the shitter back in March. (Well, other than for RHOD and RHOA and likewise Southern Beauty and then Summer Season House in a couple of weeks, and …) I have to state, I’m pleased this season is pulling to a close, and this last episode simply highlighted how weird, scattered, and perturbing the season turned out to be.

It started with the dramatic irony of the women working through their minor squabbles understanding that, in simply a matter of weeks, the fact that Shannon called Gina’s home unfortunate and dismal would no longer matter when they were all caught in their houses.

They attempted to hang out with each other and get back to the uplifting pettiness of dabbling in the reality television arts and sciences, but it simply wasn’t the exact same.

Easily, this season limped to a close, and I couldn’t muster up very much emotion for it. When watching Kandi’s daughter Riley leave for college on RHOA just today I was a sobbing mess. I couldn’t muster up the same emotions for Shannon’s child Sophie. Yes, we got the same retrospective montage– complete with a cameo of her band LOCK, Ladies of Rock— however it did not strike the exact same, as the kids state. Possibly that’s due to the fact that we have not shared as several years with Sophie, haven’t seen her complete journey.

Or maybe I’m simply fed up with Shannon Beador. I praise the editors for giving us a lots various squares with Shannon talking about her various anxieties for her child going to college, but even Shannon’s stress and anxieties irritate me. Shannon isn’t ever going to let her daughters simply do whatever they desire, she is going to be in there micromanaging them like Nurse Ratched doling out medications.

Gina and Emily are also frustrated because Shannon calls them up all intoxicated talking shit about John, a three-legged labradoodle who just wants belly scritches, and then when they call her in the morning Shannon simply pretends like it’s the very same fairy tale as always.

Shannon uses a great defense for this, saying that her marriage was so bad that when she found happiness with John she believed it was magical and didn’t want to mess up that with battling.

This fight, and truthfully all of the arguments this episode, is sort of like attempting to mingle after lockdown: All of us remember how to do it, however all of it feels unusual and stilted. All of the battles had to do with call or texts we didn’t see and their weak actions. The arguments had to do with who was calling who and who was calling back. If someone implicated the other of not remaining on Zoom long enough, I was going to give my TELEVISION a PCR test then lock it in a closet for 14 days no matter what the results were.

So Elizabeth texted Braunwyn a long text about how proud she is of her sobriety however got mad that Braunwyn just texted back “Thank You,” but then apparently Emily called Braunwyn and called her a liar and said she was using her kids for sympathy or something. I don’t understand.

This all shows up at the huge beach party that is supposed to be the finale party for the season, but all of the arguments around the table don’t feel like they’re grounded in real events because they’re not. They’re not about interactions that the females have actually had, they have to do with impressions– from their telephone call, from their texts, from their social networks. These are not the things of renowned minutes, these are the things of minor squabbles that we already have with our pals. If I desired that I might simply stay at home. OH WAIT, I have to remain at home since whatever is shut. Never mind.

The only actually intriguing interaction was in between Braunwyn and Kelly Dodd, who it ends up is a shockingly skilled ping pong player. It begins with all of the females accusing Braunwyn of being fake and them having no concept what is going on with her. Luckily for us, Assistant District Lawyer Emily Simpson was cross examining for the prosecution, and she got right to the heart of the matter. “Are you in love with Sean?” she asks Braunwyn.

” I enjoy him.”

” Are you in love with Shari?”

That is what we want to know. Did she say “Sorry, I’m strictly dicktly” like Sheree stated at a reunion special and then take off?

The females are asking Braunwyn to specify what is going on with her today, and she says that she does not even know and is trying to figure it out, which is fair. Fortunately Emily has more concerns and it gets someplace excellent. Braunwyn states that she and Sean are working on their marriage and notes the important things he has to do to keep her. Nevertheless, she does not list the things she needs to do for him, and she says she’s not happy to have Shari vacate yet because she “requires her right now.” Ugh, this is simply awful. I know the closet fucks you up, but Braunwyn is using her sobriety as a cudgel to just do whatever she wants.

Emily asks Braunwyn if that is self-centered and she says, “I need to be selfish right now.” That is not something an individual who is not single and without kids should ever state. If you wish to be selfish and focus on your profession and sleep around without being a relationship, then do you as long as you’re in advance about your objectives and not harming anybody. However, if you choose to be in a relationship or have kids, then you can never ever be selfish again. There are other individuals to think about, and no matter what your circumstances are, they need to be considered. There is a method for Braunwyn to get sober without compromising the requirements and joy of her husband. Sorry, there is. Perhaps she just does not wish to see it. She likewise says she’s not in a rush to figure things out. You know who is? Sean! He’s walking around in all those resistance pendants not getting laid while his lesbian partner is hectoring him to stop sending out emails throughout the day so that he can manage the house she lives in and the tuition for her to go back to school. Poor Sean.

As the episode ends with Kelly and Braunwyn yelling about whether or not she needs to live in conservative Newport Beach rather than liberal Mecca Laguna Beach (likewise among my favourite programs, since I’m generally Madonna with a phony accent now and spell whatever with Us), I just wanted this to be so much more and so much less. I wanted to hear whether or not Elizabeth and Jimmy were finally making love and, not just that, if the sex is great and if it’s much better considering that they waited 2 months. I wished to find out about what Shannon’s issues with John actually are, not simply that they’re having problems. I desired another person to yell at Braunwyn for being completely unreasonable and excusing all of it with her healing. I wanted to become aware of why Kelly didn’t welcome any of the other women to her wedding. (I am presuming both safety issues and because they all dislike her a little.) I wanted everything. I desired whatever, which is just how I feel from my sofa, enjoying TV for another day, another hour, more Homemakers, more lapse of memory, as we hope that our typical will come back however know that it’s swimming out further into the ocean, like a pond of dolphins, leaving this sun-dappled shore forever.

RHOC Season Finale Wrap-up: Sex, Lies, and COVID-eotape

Learn More

http://covid19globalcases.com/rhoc-season-finale-wrap-up-sex-lies-and-covid-eotape/

Comments