Dez Bryant's Covid story is another problem for the NFL

featured image

Dez Bryant was going through warmups about two hours prior to the Baltimore Ravens were set to kickoff against the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday night when a team authorities pulled him off the field. Bryant was informed that both PCR tests for Covid he had actually taken previously in the day had actually come back inconclusive, and that he would have to take a fast point-of-care test immediately.

Bryant’s 3rd test came back favorable, and he was dismissed instantly In spite of the truth that Bryant was shown capturing passes from backup quarterback Trace McSorley and welcoming members of both groups prior to the video game, the Ravens and Cowboys would play as arranged. Baltimore came away with a 34-17 win, however the result was eclipsed by Bryant’s positive test.

Bryant informed the world of his favorable test even before the Ravens did. He tweeted the news about 30 minutes prior to kickoff– then he tagged the league’s main account and asked if the game would still be played:

Inform me why they pull me from warming up so I can go get evaluated … my shit return positive … I evaluated favorable for Covid WTF

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

Since I tested positive for Covid prior to the video game do the video game stop or go on? @NFL

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

Bryant never ever should have been on the field going through warmups. An undetermined test previously in the day should have been treated like a positive until it was fixed Instead, Bryant was apparently seen hugging individuals on the field without using a mask prior to the video game.

If any players or coaches were deemed high-risk close contacts for their interactions with Bryant, they also would have been dismissed for the game. The CDC specifies close contact as being within six feet of a specific for 15 minutes or more The NFL and NFLPA contract does not consist of ‘brief interactions‘ so Bryant was the only person disqualified to be part of the game.

The Bryant saga comes just a week after the Ravens had to return a game versus the Pittsburgh Steelers several times following a huge outbreak throughout the organization that saw 21 gamers put on the Covid-reserve list.

Bryant was baffled by his favorable test. He quickly tweeted that he was going to call it stops for the rest of the season before later reneging on the statement.

The insane thing is i have the same damn regimen … this shit do not make sense to me

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

Yea I’m going to go ahead and call it a given up for the rest of the season … I can’t deal with this

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

Bryant had waited years to get an opportunity to play a game versus the Cowboys. The Cowboys would release Bryant in early 2018, and he would remain a complimentary representative up until signing with the New Orleans Saints midway through the next year. Two days after signing with the Saints, Bryant tore his Achilles.

This was more than simply another game for me … It wasn’t about revenge. I didn’t require a catch … I wished to make a point …

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

Bryant tweeted throughout the night about his experience. He decided to drown his sadness with white wine, and retweeted fans who sent him photos of the red wine they were drinking while enjoying he video game.

I’m about to consume some red wine and cope …

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

I’m not intoxicated. I only had one glass of wine … I’m getting my business things together to share with you all lol

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 9, 2020

Bryant’s wine tweets included some humor to an unfortunate night, however there’s absolutely nothing amusing about the NFL’s response to the pandemic. There have actually been severe break outs across numerous groups, with the Denver Broncos required to play a video game without any available quarterbacks

Bryant’s story is another low point in this NFL season. Just don’t expect anything to change.

Learn More

https://covid19globalcases.com/dez-bryants-covid-story-is-another-problem-for-the-nfl/

Comments