Trump COVID consultant Scott Atlas apologizes for appearing on Russian state TV

featured image

President Trump’s preferred coronavirus adviser Scott Atlas said sorry on Twitter for appearing Saturday on Russia’s state-controlled RT network, where he firmly insisted that the U.S. is turning the corner on the pandemic which lockdowns are in fact “killing individuals.”

Why it matters: RT, previously referred to as Russia Today, is a Russian state-owned media outlet signed up under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. This suggests that all of its material is identified as propaganda trying to affect U.S. public opinion, policy and laws.

  • Atlas appeared on RT just hours after the Washington Post launched an interview with Anthony Fauci, who criticized Atlas for his questionable views on the pandemic.
  • ” I have genuine problems with that guy,” Fauci informed the Post. “He’s a smart man who’s speaking about things that I think he doesn’t have any real insight or understanding or experience in. He keeps speaking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it does not make any sense.”

The big image: Atlas, a radiologist, has drawn criticism for apparently promoting “herd resistance” as a COVID-19 strategy and for calling into question the effectiveness of masks, which studies reveal can help slow the spread of the coronavirus.

  • ” The public health leadership … they’re eliminating individuals with their fear-inducing shutdown policies,” Atlas said on RT.
  • He likewise described lockdowns as an “epic failure of public policy by individuals who refuse to accept they were incorrect.”

Driving the news: ” I just recently did an interview with RT and was unaware they are a signed up foreign agent,” Atlas tweeted “I regret doing the interview and apologize for permitting myself to be taken advantage of. I specifically apologize to the national security community who is working hard to safeguard us.”

Find Out More

https://covid19globalcases.com/trump-covid-consultant-scott-atlas-apologizes-for-appearing-on-russian-state-tv/

Comments