
Saturday Night Live‘s “Weekend Update” group reluctantly satirized Donald Trump’s coronavirus medical diagnosis during the series’ Season 46 premiere.
The episode’s cold open initially hinted that the president’s Covid-19 bout would not be off-limits comedically, and anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che spent much of their segment humorously covering the news.
” This news was a lot for us to process a day prior to we returned on the air after four months off. And it all took place so quickly. I awakened yesterday and heard the president had moderate symptoms and 4 hours later he was getting medevaced to a health center in what appeared like the last chopper out of Vietnam,” Jost said.
” I got ta say, it’s a bad indication for America that when Trump stated he evaluated favorable for an infection, 60 percent of people resembled, ‘Show it.’ And it’s been really strange to see all these individuals who clearly hate Trump come out and state ‘We wish him well.’ I think a great deal of them are just guilty that their very first dream became a reality.”
Che included, “While in the health center, the president isn’t allowed to see any visitors, but he is expected to be gone to by 3 ghosts. Most likely one from his past, one from his … Okay, look this is strange.”
” Since a great deal of individuals on both sides are stating there’s absolutely nothing amusing about Trump being hospitalized with coronavirus, although he mocked the security preventative measures for the coronavirus, and those people are clearly wrong,” Che continued.
” There’s a lot amusing about this. Possibly not from a moral viewpoint, but mathematically, if you were constructing a joke, this is all the ingredients you need.
Che later on clarified, “Look, I don’t want the president to pass away, clearly. In fact, I want him a very prolonged healing.”
Jost then kept in mind, “I will point out that if the situation was reversed and it was Biden who got sick, Trump would 100 percent be at a mask-less rally tonight getting substantial laughs doing an impression of Biden on a ventilator. Simply saying.”
Comments
Post a Comment