Fernando Verdasco has actually knocked French Open organisers after he was forced to withdraw having actually tested favorable for COVID-19
The clay court Grand Slam gets underway at Roland Garros on Sunday, and Verdasco’s place in the guys’s songs draw has actually gone to a lucky loser from certifying.
The Spaniard says he failed the French Open’s PCR screening upon arrival in Paris, despite having already contracted coronavirus in August.
After separating at the time, Verdasco says he took two PCR tests – both of which returned unfavorable.
The previous Australian Open semi-finalist declares to have taken several PCR tests given that – consisting of at the Masters tournament in Rome – all of which revealed unfavorable results. He likewise tested negative ahead of the competition in Hamburg, but didn’t play as he wanted to prepare for Roland Garros.
Ahead of the French Open, Verdasco says he was the only one of his member of the family tested to reveal a favorable outcome. Despite explaining his medical history and requesting for another test, the organisers declined.
On Thursday he was tested at 2 different places, and both of those returned unfavorable.
In an open letter on Twitter, Verdasco wrote, “I wish to communicate my total frustration and outrage with the company of Roland Garros, for taking away my right to take part in this essential occasion without even giving me the chance to take another test with a new sample to verify that the result of the first might be an error.”
Fernando Verdasco statement:
This year I will not have the ability to participate in Roland Garros, much to my regret and feeling an overall frustration.
In August I passed the covid-19 asymptomatically; I followed the isolation standards and went back to my regular after evaluating negative in two successive PCR tests. Ever since, I have done several PCR tests, with unfavorable results in all, consisting of the one performed at the Masters 1000 tournament in Rome. I evaluated unfavorable once again a couple of days earlier in the test I took before going to Hamburg, although I did not dip into completion as an expert choice to much better prepare for Roland Garros.
My team and family traveled to Paris on Tuesday and we did the matching PCR test once again. They all checked negative other than me. I explained my history and situation to attempt to demand another test, particularly after having actually seen what happened in comparable cases with other gamers. The Roland Garros organization refused to do another test even taking into consideration all these scenarios, and that there sufficed days to duplicate the tests before the competitors and the draw ceremony. Still, I was disqualified.
The other day I proceeded to do two PCR tests and a serology test on my own account, in different screening centers for higher assurance, and the outcomes today revealed that I am NEGATIVE for COVID-19 in all of them.
This could take place to any gamer or their group, and in my viewpoint we must a minimum of be approved the possibility to do new tests to prevent unreasonable direct disqualifications and to offer security to the players. If there suffices time to get evaluated again, our demand to have them made should not be rejected.
I wish to interact my total aggravation and outrage with the company of Roland Garros, for taking away my right to participate in this crucial event without even providing me the opportunity to take another test with a new sample to verify that the outcome of the first might be an error.
All The Best,
Fernando Verdasco
Comments
Post a Comment