A school in Cork City has actually confirmed a favorable case of Covid-19
Scoil Bhríde Eglantine in Douglas informed parents today of the news.
Confirmation of the Covid-19 case at Eglantine main school in Douglas over the weekend triggered moms and dads to seek additional details from the school and whether children and families need to self-isolate or limit their motions.
School principal Eoin Kennedy notified parents by e-mail late on Sunday night that a case of Covid-19 was verified amongst the “school neighborhood”.
Mr Kennedy, engaged with the Cork branch of the National Public Health Group also.
The principal did not say whether the case was verified amongst the 550 pupils or amongst staff at the school however the Irish Inspector comprehends the case relates to a pupil going to the school.
In an “immediate” letter to parents the principal validated he was liaising with public health officials in relation to the confirmed case and had likewise called “relevant families”.
Mr Kennedy also encouraged moms and dads to send their children to school “as typical” on Monday unless they were encouraged otherwise.
” I write to notify you that we have actually a confirmed case of Covid-19 within our school community. I have actually been engaging with the local Cork team of National Public Health Group,” Mr Kennedy composed.
” I have called all the appropriate families at this point as encouraged. If I have actually not called you by call please send your child to school as regular tomorrow. Our school will be open for all classes as normal,” he added.
Some parents, nevertheless, stated they remained in “shock” by the way the news was communicated and are looking for even more information from the school.
” I sent my daughter to school today because I didn’t see the e-mail and I anticipate lots of other moms and dads didn’t either. It would’ve been better to send out moms and dads a text rather of an e-mail,” one concerned moms and dad informed the Irish Examiner
” The letter included no info and simply verified a case of Covid-19 and that the school was open as typical,” they added.
” We need to know what class the confirmed case connects to so that we, as parents, can recognize any interactions with our kids and whether we require to stay at home,” they continued.
” I would be worried if it was my child’s class as my grandmother remains in her 90 s and would be susceptible to the infection and it might hold true that we require to take extra preventative measures and stay home and that is something I would consider however we simply do not have that information at the minute,” they included.
The newspaper has contacted the school for an update.
School is continuing for all other students.
Comments
Post a Comment