Skip to main content

Minnesota Vikings' Cameron Smith Finds He Needs Heart Surgical Treatment After Favorable COVID-19 Test

featured image

News

By CBS Sports

Cameron Smith #59 of the Minnesota Vikings watches from the bench during the second half of a preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings at New Era Field on August 29, 2019 in Orchard Park, New York. Buffalo beats Minnesota 27 to 23.
Timothy T Ludwig/Getty Images

Cameron Smith, the second-year linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings, announced Sunday via Instagram that he will miss out on the 2020 season since he requires to have open heart surgery. Smith, through more testing that was carried out after he had checked favorable for COVID-19, found he needs the surgical treatment to fix a bicuspid aortic valve that he was born with.

” Although this will regrettably end my 2020 season, it is truly a blessing that we discovered this as my heart is severely enlarged and would not have lasted much longer,” Smith composed. “I discovered this out after I evaluated favorable for COVID and had to have actually additional testing done as procedure. The Lord operates in mysterious ways, however I might really feel him on this one!”

Smith, a 2019 fifth-round pick who appeared in 5 video games as a rookie, is positive that he will resume his career in 2021.

” By no means am I ready to be done playing football,” he wrote, “there is still so much more I want to accomplish on the field. Jordan Fehr, an undrafted rookie out of Appalachian State, will look to fill Smith’s area on the depth chart.
Odell Beckham Jr. Says the 2020 NFL Season Ought To Be Canceled.


NFL Commits $250 Million Over 10- Year Period to combat Systemic Racism.


Russell Wilson ‘Concerned’ About NFL Season Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic.

Related Gallery

.

Find Out More

https://covid19globalcases.com/minnesota-vikings-cameron-smith-finds-he-needs-heart-surgical-treatment-after-favorable-covid-19-test/

Comments