Lewis Hamilton feels 'uncomfortable' going over brand-new Mercedes agreement due to coronavirus pandemic

featured image

Lewis Hamilton states he has actually not yet signed a brand-new contract with Mercedes since it feels “uncomfortable” to do so amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Hamilton has actually delighted in remarkable success since joining Mercedes in 2013, but his present deal goes out at the end of the year.

Speaking on the day that his team-mate Valtteri Bottas signed a 1 year contract, Hamilton insisted he plans to remain and is not fretted about the circumstance.

Formula 1

Motor racing-Incredible Hulkenberg sticks out as a stand-in

” I’m sure Toto’s [Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff] probably getting a bit anxious since I haven’t been too forward with it – like ‘let’s get it done, now!,” he informed Sky Sports.

” I don’t understand, I’m simply an extremely cooled person. I believe particularly in a time where individuals are losing their jobs, I typically truthfully feel a bit uncomfortable with taking a seat and discussing numbers and discussing a brand-new contract when there are people out there who are not eating, there are individuals out there who are starving, there are people out there who have lost their tasks during this pandemic.

” So, I do not understand, I feel a bit awkward with it, that’s why I have actually type of went back a little bit. But, naturally, I will do at some phase. But it’s uncomfortable – I resemble ‘how long can I leave it until it’s possibly a little bit more regular, things maybe get a little bit better?’

” But I am definitely 100 percent committed to my team. I’m faithful as ever and I do not lie, so it’s not like I’m interacting with another person – I don’t wish to be anywhere else.”

Hamilton has actually won 5 of his 6 world titles with Mercedes and is aiming to equal Michael Schumacher’s record of seven champion wins this season.

He states he is not only enjoying himself on the track, however is likewise pleased with the work the group is doing off it.

” I like what we are performing in terms of our competitiveness which journey, however likewise this new journey that everybody has actually welcomed.

” You see the team taking a knee, you see the Formula E team accepting it too. I hope that we can be a beacon of light to hopefully other groups motivating them that they might also be a part of this change and it’s not about the competition, it’s in fact about change for the future.”

Formula 1

Sergio Perez is 99%likely to start in Spain, says Racing Point manager

70 th Anniversary Grand Prix

Valtteri Bottas claims 70 th Annivesary Grand Prix pole at Silverstone

Read More

https://covid19globalcases.com/lewis-hamilton-feels-uncomfortable-going-over-brand-new-mercedes-agreement-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic/

Comments