Georgia teenager loses parents to coronavirus 4 days apart

featured image

A 17- year-old in Georgia lost both of his parents to COVID-19 4 days apart.

” I understand they’re seeing me from above,” Justin Hunter informed NBC affiliate WXIA of Atlanta “They’re the ones that are going to provide me strength to survive all of this.”

Hunter and his parents, Angie and Eugene, evaluated positive last month for COVID-19– the illness caused by the coronavirus– and quarantined.

Hunter, the couple’s only child, could not instantly be grabbed remark Monday.

After his parents’ symptoms got worse, they were confessed to Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Hunter told WXIA.

” I never truly thought of them even passing,” Hunter stated. “That never crossed my mind.”

Let our news satisfy your inbox. The news and stories that matters, delivered weekday mornings.

Eugene Hunter passed away July26 He was 59.

” The hospital, they called me and they needed to break the news to me,” Hunter stated.

After his dad died, Hunter said, it was even more hard not being able to see his mom.

When he talked to her by phone, she informed him she would keep battling to get better and go back to their house, he remembered.

But four days later July 30, Hunter got another call from the medical facility. This time to notify him his mother had passed away. She was 57.

” When they informed me I couldn’t can be found in, to take a look at or see them, I was torn up,” he said.

Thank you all for your support. It indicates the world to me. I won’t be reacting to text or calls at this time, but I will get back to all of you soon. Love you all #LLE #LLA pic.twitter.com/WCfgmOHltB

— Justin Hunter (@JustinHunter47) July 31, 2020

Hunter, a senior and linebacker for the Johns Creek High School football group, stated he lost his parents so suddenly that he remains in shock. He stated he believes they are in a better place.

” They’re with God,” he said. “So they remain in great hands.”

Their last words to each other were, “I enjoy you.” They constantly ended their discussions with the affirmation.

A GoFundMe campaign launched to develop a trust for Hunter has raised more than $264,000 towards a goal of $300,000

In a statement posted to his Twitter account July 31, Hunter thanked his moms and dads for constantly supporting him.

” Thank you for constantly offering me the strength to push myself past my limitations,” he composed. “Thank you for constantly thinking in me when no one else would.”

Hunter stated in the statement that his moms and dads will constantly be his greatest good example.

” I enjoy you people a lot and will miss you a lot,” he wrote. “You men will be permanently brought in my heart. And from this day on everything I do is for you.”

Image: Janelle Griffith Janelle Griffith

Janelle Griffith is a breaking news press reporter for NBC News.

Find Out More

https://covid19globalcases.com/georgia-teenager-loses-parents-to-coronavirus-4-days-apart/

Comments