
Bryan Woolston/Associated Press
Dallas Cowboys icon Michael Irvin exposed he contracted the coronavirus in late June during a Friday look on the Rich Eisen Program
Irvin, 54, caught the host off guard with his announcement before going into detail about his ordeal. Tests Irvin took initially came back unfavorable but the symptoms kept getting worse according to the former receiver:
” I didn’t know I had it, and then I got genuine ill. I mean, a pounding headache for like 4 or 5 days. You couldn’t eat. You can’t sleep. You’ve just got to withstand the pain. I took 2 tests. They all came back negative. So I’m believing, ‘OK, I’m great. I don’t have it. I don’t have it.’ However I’m feeling the pain, and then after I went through about three weeks of hell– about 3 weeks of hell– I stated, ‘OK, I’m going to go and take the antibody test,’ since it needed to be something. It needed to be COVID. There’s no other way I went through that type of pain, that type of hell, and nobody knows what it is. Then, I’m scared it may come back. So I took the antibody test, and naturally the antibody test, which I believe is more accurate, came back that I had the antibodies. … My medical professional stated I should be respectable now.”
Over more than a decade in the NFL, Irvin suffered numerous career-altering conditions consisting of a cervical spinal cord injury that would eventually end his playing days in1998 Yet the Hall of Famer stated it was the headaches he withstood while battling COVID-19 that caused him pain like he had not felt prior to:
” I wish anyone that has it, I truly do. Because the headaches … I said to myself, I’m not lying, I wanted out of here. I resembled, ‘Guy, there’s no chance I can even withstand this.’ The only thing I kept stating is, ‘You have actually just got 2 weeks of it. 2 weeks. Two weeks.’ I pray for all individuals that have those migraines, since it’s extreme like a migraine, and they have everything the time. That would be the hardest thing worldwide to live with, due to the fact that I simply went through it. It was the hardest thing on the planet I’ve ever dealt with.”
Irving stated he’s feeling much better after recovering and is ready to return to work as an expert for NFL Network and ESPN.
Comments
Post a Comment