Brett Favre Says He Empathizes with Donald Trump over COVID-19 Policy

featured image

Former NFL player Brett Favre delivers his speech during an induction ceremony at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Saturday, Aug.6, 2016, in Canton, Ohio. (AP Photo/Ron Schwane)

Ron Schwane/Associated Press

Hall of Popularity quarterback Brett Favre said Thursday he discussed policy choices related to the coronavirus pandemic during a golf outing with President Donald Trump recently.

Favre informed Scott Gleeson of USA Today he likened the circumstance to being an NFL quarterback.

” I informed [Trump], ‘I can not picture the stress you’re under with running the country everyday.’ It’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t, for the president and quarantining. Someone’s constantly going to get pissed. They’ll state open the economy, then the virus spreads and why ‘d you do that? I know from analysis of playing quarterback in the league, it’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t.”

Favre likewise explained his decision to accept Trump’s offer wasn’t politically motivated.

” I would have played golf with any president since I appreciate the office of the United States. It’s an honor,” he told Gleeson. “If Barack Obama asked to golf with me, I would have taken the invitation.”

The current numbers from the World Health Company show over 18.9 million verified COVID-19 cases worldwide, with more than 709,000 deaths attributed to the illness since Friday. The U.S. leads all nations in total cases (over 4.7 million) and deaths (over 157,000).

Meanwhile, Favre told U.S.A. Today he would’ve decided to play if he was still an active gamer in spite of the pandemic. A total of 67 gamers opted out of the 2020 season prior to Thursday’s deadline.

Play is arranged to begin Sept. 10 with the ruling Super Bowl champ Kansas City Chiefs hosting the Houston Texans. The preseason was canceled.

Favre, who earned 11 Pro Bowl choices and won a champion with the Green Bay Packers in 1996, last played in2010 He was inducted in the Hall of Popularity as part of its 2016 class.

Read More

https://covid19globalcases.com/brett-favre-says-he-empathizes-with-donald-trump-over-covid-19-policy/

Comments