Author of the short article:
Reader Letters
Publishing date:
Jul 26, 2020 – – 2 minute read

Short article content
I had a COVID-19 test June 29 th at Windsor Regional Health Center.
Friends across Southwestern Ontario also got evaluated around the very same date, but our experiences were significantly different.
I lined up outside with 37 people ahead of me, all waiting to be seen for a variety of primary care needs, including a COVID-19 test.
Individuals varied from children to seniors were using masks in the summer season heat under a tent. No water or chairs were available regardless of some people being visibly tired or ill. From start to complete it took me two hours and 10 minutes. I got my (negative) results on July 3rd.
An elderly girl reporting signs needed to wait longer than people behind her since a designated nurse needed to bring her to a particular room. I make sure there are systemic factors for this procedure, however an extended wait doesn’t appear thoughtful to those feeling weak, nor to others around them.
From buddies I understand who had tests in Halton, Niagara, Chatham-Kent, I heard they used both walk-in or visits.
Patients were seen indoors or scheduled for drive-through appointments. Either way it was finished in 15 minutes with limited direct exposure to others. Outcomes were provided in between 24 to 48 hours.
We get blended messages in Windsor. We are reminded continuously by political and health leaders to “be safe,” yet how is Windsor’s chosen system of testing thought about safe?
The elderly and ill stand outside in the heat with others who wonder if they have actually COVID-19 On the other hand, our library needs a consultation to pick up books “for security factors.”
We can do better. Let’s try.
Fabio Volante & Anne Marie Nantais, Lakeshore
Share Your Views
Correspond to the editor to letters@windsorstar.com. (Do not send them as attachments; put them in the body of the e-mails.) Letters need to include your complete name, address and telephone number. (We will only publish your name and the town where you live.) Letters must be fewer than 300 words. The Star reserves the right to edit, condense and decline letters.
Comments
Post a Comment