PARIS (Reuters) – Parisians heading to the opening of Paris Plages, the annual change of sections of the Seine river into man-made beaches, were met with a brand-new destination on Saturday: COVID-19 test centres.
A series of signs across the country, including in the French capital, have recommended the virus might once again be gaining momentum. Authorities are pushing an aggressive screening policy to prevent a go back to the peaks seen from March to May.
” At Paris-Plages people have got the time and they actually need to know whether they have been sick … and there are those who need a certificate to take a trip on some airlines to go on vacation,” Muriel Prudhomme, a medical professional and deputy at the townhall’s health department, told Reuters as a consistent stream of people of all ages came to be tested.
The synthetic beaches on the banks of the Seine in central Paris and the Bassin de la Villette, a man-made lake in the northeast of the city, have been a raging success because they were launched by Paris mayor Bertrand Delanoe in2002
As well as sand and views of central Paris’ architecture, Paris Plage provides sporting opportunities such as fencing, huge table-football, and al fresco health clubs keeping an eye out over the Seine, although this year the tighter health limitations have limited a few of the activities.
Along the banks of the river and the Bassin de la Villette, medical groups are now in place at 2 places until the end of August providing serological and basic PCR (polymerase domino effect) tests with a capability to carry out 150 to 200 a day.
” I’m taking all needed safety measures, however there are many individuals that do not appear to care,” stated pensioner Nicole Gressier. “I’m going to see my granddaughter who I have not seen for 9 months, so when I was walking here I saw it was possible to be checked, so why not?”
The disease has killed more than 30,000 individuals in France. While it has actually been under control with deaths and the number of individuals in intensive care falling, day-to-day cases have increased ahead of the summer holiday season as people collect in bigger groups and travellers pertain to and from France without specific quarantine procedures.
Kais Arbi, 25, who resides in a northwestern Parisian residential area, took the test understanding that he was taking a trip to see his family in Tunisia in the coming weeks.
” I did the PCR test so I understand my present state of health,” said Arbi, who evaluated unfavorable. “I don’t wish to spread it to another nation.”
Reporting by John Irish; Modifying by Hugh Lawson
Comments
Post a Comment