Skip to main content

Florida's COVID-19 information is unreliable, confusing and harmful to our health

featured image

OPINION

Rebekah Jones, Viewpoint factor
Published 8: 00 a.m. ET July 11, 2020| Updated 8: 11 a.m. ET July 11, 2020

CLOSE

Former Florida information chief Rebekah Jones talks about the distinctions between her coronavirus dashboard and the Florida Department of Heath’s.

While the rest of the world drowned in third-party, speculative and non-scientific coronavirus information at the start of the pandemic, the Florida Department of Health stood happily and steady in its position as the single-point-source of info in the state. I worked very hard for a number of months to make sure the health department was the only authority over COVID-19 information, and considering that I was the sole creator and publisher of that information, I trusted its credibility and precision above all else.

Florida was as soon as hailed as the gold requirement in information transparency and ease of access.

https://covid19globalcases.com/floridas-covid-19-information-is-unreliable-confusing-and-harmful-to-our-health/

Comments