Atlanta Braves' Nick Markakis won't play in 2020, mentions Freddie Freeman's favorable coronavirus test

Mike Brehm, U.S.A. TODAY
Released 1: 07 p.m. ET July 6,2020
CLOSE![]()
SportsPulse: USA TODAY Sports’ Gabe Lacques discusses gamers like Ryan Zimmerman and Joe Ross deciding to remain the MLB season and why there are certainly others who will choose the very same path.
U.S.A. TODAY
Atlanta Braves ideal fielder Nick Markakis revealed Monday that he’s deciding out of playing the 2020 season.
He said speaking to colleague Freddie Freeman, who has evaluated positive for the coronavirus, assisted form his decision.
” Simply hearing the method he sounded on the phone kind of opened my eyes,” he told reporters. “Freddie didn’t sound good.”
Markakis likewise stated he didn’t like the idea of playing without fans in the stands.
” We play for the fans, and to take them out of the equation, that’s tough and I think that was kind of like the blow for me,” he said.
Markakis is the ninth major leaguer to pull out of this season, consisting of David Price, Ryan Zimmerman, Ian Desmond and Joe Ross.
SEE: Here’s Nick Markakis’s full opening remark about his choice to opt out of the 2020 season.
” With whatever that’s going on not simply in baseball but on the planet, it makes you open your eyes. I have actually got 3 kids that I’ve missed for 11 years now.” #11 Alive #Braves pic.twitter.com/latxD74 Kun— Maria Martin (@Ria_Martin) July 6, 2020
Markakis, who has three kids, has played the last 5 seasons with the Braves after opening his career with nine seasons on the Baltimore Orioles.
” I enjoy the game,” he said. “I dislike to see it the method it’s going today, however that’s the way things have to be. … I believe the choice that I’m making to sit out this year and be with my family inconveniences, however I think that’s the best decision for myself and my family.”
Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Program Captions

Comments
Post a Comment